Two years have passed, and the world is still battling with COVID-19. And experts continue to come up with different ways to combat the viruses. One of those is the use of an electrostatic disinfectant sprayer.
Making sure that everything around us is clean and disinfected is the number one mission of most people nowadays. Aside from getting vaccinated and washing the hands regularly, using an electrostatic sprayer is also effective in sanitizing the surroundings.
So what is this disinfectant sprayer and how does it work in preventing virus transmission?
What Do You Need to Know about Electrostatic Disinfectant Sprayer?
There is more to eliminating the transmission of the COVID-19 virus than simply sanitizing the surfaces. Since it is airborne or can be transmitted by air, getting rid of the virus in the air we breathe is also very important. And that is the purpose of the electrostatic disinfectant sprayer.
Whether the property you want to be cleaned is a commercial, an industrial, or an office building, an electrostatic sprayer can certainly disinfect your place. It is even more effective and less time-consuming in comparison to wiping down surfaces with disinfectant.
We are pretty sure you have already seen someone sanitize your desk by hand. But if the process is not done properly, the possibility of your space still being contaminated with the virus is still high. However, with the electrostatic sprayer, everything in your area will be covered by the disinfectant. It will also remain that way until the viruses and the germs both in the air and the surfaces are already killed.
It takes innovation to be able to fight the coronavirus since it also stays in the air and not only on surfaces. The electrostatic disinfectant sprayer is also more eco-friendly since it uses fewer chemicals by 75%. And it takes more than simply wiping down after spraying some disinfectants to keep the COVID-19 virus from being passed on from one person to another.
By availing the help of professional cleaning services that disinfect the coronavirus, you will make both your employees and customers feel safe in your workplace. Nothing beats having peace of mind in the space we move around in.
How Does an Electrostatic Disinfectant Sprayer Fight against COVID-19?
When a person fails to cover his mouth while sneezing or coughing, the virus that is transferred to the air will wait for a new casualty. According to studies, the coronavirus is capable of surviving on stainless steel, plastic, and other hard surfaces for as long as six days. It can also stay on packages and cardboard boxes for a day. And these things are commonly found in offices, health care facilities, and even at home.
To stop the virus from spreading, it is important to catch it before another person touches it. This is when the electrostatic disinfectant sprayer will be of great help – when the virus is still on surfaces or in the air. It is also helpful in disinfecting areas that are hard to reach.
When the disinfectant droplet is greater than or even of the same size as the sneeze or cough droplet, it will be able to kill the virus before it can infect anyone. But regardless of its size, as long as a positive element meets another positive element, they will not combat one another.
To help fight against the coronavirus, you may check out our janitorial services here.
What to Keep in Mind When Using Electrostatic Disinfectant Sprayer?
Electrostatic sprayers are effective in deep cleaning public spaces and contaminated surfaces. However, there are things to keep in mind when using it.
- The use of an electrostatic sprayer should only be conducted by a trained professional. If you are not eligible to do it, getting help from professional cleaners is highly recommended.
- It is also important that the one using the electrostatic sprayer is wearing PPE.
- Only use a disinfectant that is approved for electrostatic spraying. See to it that it is mentioned on the label or in the direction on how to use it. If not, then it is either not effective or not safe to use for the said method at all.
- As much as possible, the only person present in the room should be the professional cleaner.
- The device that will be used for spraying must be tested thoroughly before using.
- Clean the surfaces by wiping them before starting. The use of an electrostatic disinfectant sprayer is to kill viruses, bacteria, and other forms of microorganisms. It is not for removing dirt and dust on surfaces.
- Be sure to wash your hands after disinfecting your area even if you used gloves during the entire process.
- Refer to the instructions or product label on how long you should stay away from the area after disinfecting. It will usually take 40 minutes.
- Keep the doors and windows open after the indicated contact time is reached. This is to possibly air out the room.
- Before someone enters the room, make sure that there is no chemical residue left. Otherwise, it may only cause health problems. Follow the instructions on the label on how to remove chemical residue.
- Make sure to read the instructions and safety precautions from the manufacturer.
Here’s How We Can Help You Combat the Coronavirus
Everyone wants the fight against the coronavirus to end soon and go back to their normal lives. But regardless of whether we are facing health adversity or not, it is important to keep our environment clean. After all, we are the ones who will benefit from it. And here’s how we can help you achieve the cleanliness that you deserve.
Premiere Building Services offers both commercial and industrial COVID cleaning services for your workplace.. We help keep your workplace and facility safe, clean, and spotless. And that is attainable through a scheduled regular cleaning.
Disinfecting our surroundings nowadays is a necessity. And with how the government and healthcare facilities do their fight against COVID-19, it is safe to say that the use of an electrostatic disinfectant sprayer is the key. So contact us to get a free cleaning estimate to help keep your business running despite these trying times.