A clean and organized school is a happy school and can be achieved by following a school cleaning checklist. It creates an environment that is conducive to learning and helps foster a sense of community. There are many ways to achieve a clean and organized school, and establishing a cleaning schedule is just one of them.
So set aside specific times each week for cleaning throughout the school. This will help you stay on track and minimize distractions during the cleaning process.
Now here are the most important parts of a school that should be kept clean and organized.
3. Locker Rooms
5. Bonus: Polish and Maintain Your School
Keep your school clean by following the guidelines set forth in this school cleaning checklist. And don't forget to reward your team for a job well done!
School Cleaning Checklist #1: Clean the Classroom
The first step in a school cleaning checklist is to clean the classroom. This can be done by sweeping, mopping, and cleaning the windows and doors. It is also important to clean the desks, chairs, and other furniture. Finally, it is necessary to clean the walls and ceiling.
So basically, here's what you need to do:
- Sweep the floors and clean under tables and chairs.
- Mop the floors and clean around edges of furniture.
- Clean the windows and doors.
- Polish the desks, chairs, and other furniture.
- Clean the walls and ceiling
School Cleaning Checklist #2: Clean the Bathrooms
Bathrooms are one of the most commonly overlooked areas in schools. Not only are they often dirty, but they also serve as a place where students can wash their hands and use the toilet. It is important to clean the bathrooms regularly, as part of the school cleaning checklist, to keep them clean and healthy for students. And here are the steps to cleaning the bathrooms:
- Clear all surfaces of clutter and make sure there is enough space for students to move around.
- Wipe down all surfaces with a disinfectant cleaner or soap and water.
- Use a vacuum cleaner with a hose attachment to remove dirt, dust, and debris from hard-to-reach places.
- Spray an antimicrobial solution onto walls, floors, and other surfaces where bacteria can grow.
School Cleaning Checklist #3: Clean the Locker Rooms
It is important to clean the locker rooms to ensure a safe and healthy environment for students. This step should include cleaning the benches, floors, and walls.
Cleaning the Benches
One of the most important things that can be done to keep a school clean and must be in the school cleaning checklist is to clean the benches. Not only do dirty benches create a mess, but they also can be dangerous for students and teachers. By cleaning the benches, you are ensuring that the area is both clean and safe.
Cleaning the Floors
One of the most important aspects of keeping a clean school is cleaning the floors. It's important to clean them regularly so that students and staff are not tripping over dirt and debris. Here are some tips to help make your floor cleaning task easier:
- Make a list of all the areas you need to clean, including classrooms, hallways, offices, and any other areas that need attention.
- Determine which type of cleaner is best suited for each area. For example, if you're cleaning a classroom, use a dust mop or vacuum cleaner with scrubber pads.
- Sweep or vacuum the floors until they are clean and free from debris. Use a broom or mop to clean any droplet. Rinse off with clean water when necessary.
Cleaning the Walls
Cleaning the walls must be included in the school cleaning checklist. Some schools choose to clean the walls as part of their overall cleaning routine. This is often done to remove graffiti and other unsavory markings. Schools may also choose to clean the walls as a way to brighten up the appearance of the building.
School Cleaning Checklist #4: Clean the Kitchenette
Kitchens are often one of the most cluttered and dirty areas in a school. This is because they are used for both cooking and eating, and children often leave their messes behind. To make sure the kitchenette is clean, follow these steps:
- Clear all the counter space. This will make it easier to clean the surfaces below.
- Clean all of the appliances and surfaces with a disinfectant spray or wipes.
- Wipe down all of the walls and cabinets with a damp cloth or sponge.
- Sweep and mop the floor clean.
School Cleaning Checklist #5: Polish and Maintain Your School
In order to keep your school looking its best, it is important to polish and maintain it on a regular basis. So here are the key tips to remember:
Create a Cleaning and Maintenance Schedule
This will help you stay on track and make sure that everything is done on a schedule that works for you. Setting a schedule is a must in a school cleaning checklist.
If you need help in maintaining the cleanliness of your school premises, contact Premiere Building Services.
Having an organized system will make cleaning and maintenance much easier. You will be able to see what needs to be done, where it needs to be done, and who is responsible for each step.
Use the Right Tools and Supplies
Having the right tools will make the job much easier and faster. Use cleaning products that are safe for children. Make sure that the cleaning products that you use are safe for children and won't irritate their skin.
Always keep a clean work area. See to it that your work area is clean and free of any debris so that you can focus on your job.
Get the Best School Cleaning Checklist
A clean and organized school can make a child feel more confident and connected to their education. And following the above-mentioned steps will help you clean and maintain your school quickly and easily.
Premiere Building Services aims to provide a safe, clean, and healthy learning environment and educational facilities. Following a school cleaning checklist helps us achieve that goal. So elevate the cleaning standards of your school with our School Janitorial Services. Get in touch now for a free estimate!